Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mets' Reyes scratched from Thursday's lineup


New York Mets shortstop Jose Reyes was scratched from Thursday's lineup for follow-up lab work related to his team physical.

Reyes said Thursday after a second round of blood work that he feels fine and it's not related to the torn hamstring that sidelined him most of last season.

"They tell me what I have to do is more important than the game today, so I have to make sure I am ready to go when I step on the field," Reyes said. "It's nothing with my leg."

Reyes is scheduled to have another doctor's appointment Thursday afternoon. He did not provide any specific reasons for the tests except to say that it's part of a routine physical.

"They do the tests because they want to make sure everything is fine," Reyes said.

Reyes was removed from Tuesday's lineup along with several other regular starters because of wet field conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment