Sunday, February 28, 2010

Picking the top quarterback won't be a snap


The top two quarterbacks at the NFL scouting combine both have something to prove.

Oklahoma's Sam Bradford wants to show his shoulder can handle the rigors of pro football.

Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen wants to prove he can shoulder the responsibility of being a leader -- and shrug off his reputation for being arrogant and smug.

"Some people say I'm cocky, I'm arrogant, I'm not a good leader, I'm not a good teammate," Westlake Village's Clausen said Saturday. "I think the people who are out there saying those things really don't know me as a person. I'm a humble kid who loves having fun with my teammates."

While acknowledging NFL scouts are focused on his ability to lead, Clausen writes off the negative perceptions of him as a byproduct of playing at a high-profile school.

"That comes with the territory of being the quarterback at Notre Dame," he said. "That's just the way it is. I'd like for them to get to know me as a person, one on one. At Notre Dame, the quarterback and the head coach get all the credit when things go right and get a lot of blame when things go wrong. It's a tough situation being in the fish bowl at Notre Dame."

No comments:

Post a Comment