Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rex Ryan won’t talk about Adalius Thomas, will talk about other funny things…


Many of us assume linebacker Adalius Thomas will go running to the New York Jets, and reunite with Rex Ryan should the Patriots opt to release him March 5.

Want to know Ryan’s perspective? Just to know what he thinks happened to Thomas after leaving Baltimore and arriving on Bill Belichick’s doorstop? Sorry, Rex didn’t bite. Not this time.

Ryan refused to talk about Thomas, and all other players under contract with other teams. You might say he’s gun-shy, perhaps having tiptoed around the tampering block.

”I get myself in enough trouble,” Ryan said. ”I don’t need you to help me.”

But while he clammed up about Thomas, that didn’t prevent Ryan from dropping his usual array of funny lines. He joked about his abs, his overall girth, and the Miami Dolphins (I know Miami will be ticked because I don’t put them on top (of the division), but I don’t care.”

No comments:

Post a Comment